Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vietnam Collection Grand Prix 2009 Final

Last night, The Vietnam Collection Grand Prix 2009 took place. It is a big competition for young designers and students in Vietnam. There were not only fashion students but also students from different fields such as Fine Arts, Architecture and even Drama! ( I didn't know they could sew that well!)

I like this collection. It looks elegant and unique. However, the men's outfit and the blue just spoiled the whole thing. The men's outfit looks odd in a boring way, and that guy has odd legs as well, makes the trouser looks even worse! About the blue dress, I wish it was gold like the 2 others, or the grey that is on top of the other one. I know they are the same fabric, but the difference between the colours just make it looks separate and not like a collection.


This one is impressive. Me personally don't use a lot of details on my designs, but this collection is very nice. The point is that the designer know how to put details together, and they have a good eye for colours as well. This collection is very different, in a great way. If I was the judge, I would give this one the highest score.


I like this outfit. The designer has a really creative way of playing with different materials. I think it brings out clearly the theme of the collection and the message of it.


Seems like collection of a Harajuku lover here. This is more like my style. Looks cute.



This is the winer. I like the patterns and the way he puts colours together. The shape is very sculpture as well. Personally I wouldn't mark this first place though. The shape is just not my type.

No comments:

Post a Comment