Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fashion




To be honest, Vietnam isn't the best place to study Fashion in the world. I've lived there all my life, therefore when I came to Paris and London I were really really impressed. Everything is so so new to me. I haven't done any courses before, haven't touched the sewing machine before, haven't ever been to Top Shop, or Dorothy Perkins, or River Island. In my country, people are getting more and more used to Fashion, but it's still like another world compared to London or Paris. Though, I love Vietnamese traditional cloth, I love Japanese fashion and I love Western fashion as well. I haven't really lived in a Fashion capital of the world, but now I will just do what is me, hopefully it's fine.

In Vietnam, there are 2 biggest city, the capital - Hanoi, where I am from, and Ho Chi Minh city, or Sai Gon. Hanoi is in the North and Ho Chi Minh city is in the South. In Ho Chi Minh city, people are more outgoing and open minded. They party more and travel more. I think that's a reason why they often wear colourful cloth; they look more relaxing and friendly. Where I lived is a little bit different. You can party there but not as much as HCM city. Though, because Hanoi is the capital, it's more cultural. Fashion in Hanoi has less colour, look more elegant and classy. People in Hanoi don't look as friendly as in HCM as well. Personally I like Fashion in Hanoi more than HCM city. Probably because I have lived there all the time, probably just because it's more my type.

I think our cloth actually say something about us. In my country, most of the people still don't really care about it, so obviously it's not really exact telling something about people based on their cloth in a place where people just don't care about what they wear. But generally, I think people choose their cloth in terms of their personality, lifestyle and sometimes career goals as well. In my country, there are many quotations about outer beauty and inner beauty, basically they all sound like "Don't judge a book based on it's cover". But in my opinion, Fashion does say something about us. We basically need food and water more than Fashion, but it sounds like monkeys. Fashion is an aspect of life. Every year, billions of dollars are earned and spent among Fashion industry, and there must be a reason for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment