Monday, November 16, 2009

Flat drawing


We were doing flat drawing in class today. I had a good time doing it. We had a chance to develop our drawing skills and also find the inspiration for the Melting Pot project. I think it is really interesting to break the rules a little, draw the body with unreal proportions and create some nice, unique fashion images. Personally I like the idea of dramatic, extremely long legs. I think the legs are really attractive and graceful.

As usual, at the end of the class, we were gathering around to take a look at the work of everyone. I were really impressed, again, as usual. Their work was really really nice. Claire has done an extremely beautiful dress with her brilliant colour using techniques. Kitty had some absolutely cute images with massive hair and colourful garments. It was really nice learning from other people and get the inspiration for myself as well.

For the Melting Pot project, I have decided to focus on the combination of Western culture and Japanese culture, under the name "Asian Rebel". I can't say as much about it yet, because honestly I haven't got all the ideas yet, ideas will come during working actually. It is just my working style. Anyway hopefully it will turn out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment