Tuesday, November 3, 2009

London trip


It was a little embarassing that I woke up at 8.05 am while I had to be at the bus stop at 8. But i gave it a try anyway by getting dressed really fast and running to the bus stop. The coach was still there. Yay!

After arriving to London, we went to a road that there were many fabric shops next to each other. The fabric was quite cheap actually. It was really inspiring going around the shops. I got lots of ideas by seeing all sorts of fabric. I were thinking about people who are doing textile as well. What a great job they are doing! Then we went to some more shops. Those were really expensive, but it was worth the money I think. The fabric they had was absolutely brilliant. I were speechless. And actually, seeing the nice fabric has made me wanted to make clothes so badly!

I were talking to a fashion student from second year when I were in my hometown. She said that there were not that many fabric shops in Bournemouth, so they were going to London to buy fabric most of the time. In my opinion, going around some fabric shops is a really good way to get the inspiration to work. By actually seeing and touching the fabric, you know what you can do with it, how you can put different fabric layers together, etc.

I were exausted after coming home but it was a really good trip. It was very helpful as well. I feel inspired and I think I'm ready for the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment