Sunday, May 29, 2011

On Sundays I Smile - Week in Review May 29th

On Sundays I review the past week and I Smile. And I share these moments with you.


On Tuesday I got a pedicure and was enraptured by all the colors of nail polish. Am I the only one who stands, transfixed, in front of the display for an embarrassingly  ridiculously long period of time trying to choose a color? I ended up going with OPI's I'm Not Really A Waitress, which is the color I choose 99.825% of the time anyway.








On Wednesday I went to the Bishop Arts district in Dallas. Bishop Art is one of my favorite places in the city - a little six block radius of boutiques, vintage stores, restaurants, and coffee shops. You can eat the world's best raspberry pie and drink iced lattes and gawk at old trucks and vintage shop and people watch and pet various unidentifiable breeds of dogs.



And, if you're brave (and slightly insane) you can ask some random guy to take your picture in said old truck. And grin maniacally while doing so.






Bishop Arts is also home to The Soda Gallery, a store that sells sodas from all around the world, including 30 different kinds of root beers. They even have Fitz's, the world's greatest root beer, brewed in St. Louis. Be still my beating heart.





A mile down from Bishop Arts lies a section of Oak Cliff and possibly one of the scariest neighborhoods in Dallas. It's also home to a goldmine of a Salvation Army. It was there that I unearthed these vintage 1970's sunglasses, which are so big they make me look like a bug and eat  my face. I should also mention that I stood in the cashier line in front of two completely inebriated old men, one of whom peed himself. Good times.





Another genius thrifting find  this week was this completely fetching, sequined and bead encrusted nineties vest. With a golfer on it. I'll admit I wasn't going to buy it, but after tweeting a pic (you're following me on Twitter, aren't you?) was talked into purchasing it by ten Twitter friends. All of whom I will blame if I look redonk in it. Though for $2.70, how could I resist? Now I just have to figure out how to style this glamorous piece of fashion iconography.

Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.
 


While I'm smiling, here's what went down on Dress With Courage this week:


I'd also like to take a moment and welcome all my new followers.



I'm really, really happy you're here. As always, you make me smile too. If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about follow me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter, or becoming a Facebook fan

No comments:

Post a Comment