Friday, January 28, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Blogger Mechanics


Another week, and other provocative set of questions for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video
camera, tripod, etc...)

I use an ancient Cannon Powershot I bought approximately five years ago. It's embarrassing, and I'm really unhappy with how my photos come out. I would love to upgrade  - either to a point and shoot or an SLR when some money comes in. And I definitely need a tripod. Badly. I use a new Dell laptop to upload pics and blog through. Photobucket for editing. And Ping to automatically send out blasts of new posts to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and Yahoo. Ping is awesome.

2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system,
photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)

I'm a Blogger devotee, though I'm becoming increasingly curious about Wordpress.  Blogger is simple to use, and perfect for those of us who aren't the most computer-literate. But Wordpress blogs look so much more professional. Blogger is also a pain when it comes to editing backgrounds and fonts. I am trying to teach myself more about HTML, but I need a lot of help.

3. What is your process for taking pictures? 

My husband takes my photos when he arrives home from work at 5:30. I usually go through a bit of a mental breakdown before he begins...I'm not as young or pretty or stylish as some other bloggers, I'm probably going to hate how I look, why am I doing this, etc. But I get myself together, plaster on a smile, and let him click away. Some days are easier, some are downright crushing. But I'm getting better.

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do
you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?

There's a nice spot out on my patio where we take my pics, in a corner against the brick of my house. I like a textural background. I've never scouted locations, though I might when the weather warms up.

5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would
you be buying?

A new camera and a tripod. Preferably a Cannon EOS Digital rebel XSI with various lenses (money is no object, right?)

The Friend Friday group by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and join a friendly community of bloggers.  Join the fun by checking out the  Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment