Friday, February 4, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Determining Blog Content


The Friend Friday group by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and join a friendly community of bloggers.  Join the fun by checking out the  Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group. And definitely read Modly Chic - it's such a great blog!

1. With all the blogging events out there, how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?

My focus is always on how to be true to myself through blogging. That means making some tough decisions to what blogger events and challenges to participate in. I'm a relatively new blogger, and right now my priority is defining my own voice. That means I might sit out some things, because I'm focused on finding my own rhythm and learning more about blogging rather than engaging in a group activity. The events I'm eager to participate in are the ones I believe strengthen my blogging skills, make friends, and help me gain traffic. I really enjoy those through IFB, especially their weekly Links A La Mode. I'm also looking forward to attending the Texas Style Council Conference in March, and hopefully becoming more of a part of the blogger community there.

I understand there was a recent skirmish regarding participation in this go-round of the 30x30. I chose to sit it out because I haven't even blogged about half of what's in my closet, though I do miss being a part of the community. However, I do not believe anyone has the right to judge another blogger whether they decide to participate or sit it out. End of story.

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?

Hasn't happened yet! And hopefully never will!

3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?

Staying true to myself. Using my own words. Sticking to my unique blogging style.

4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?

I really enjoy writing. Much more than I even thought I did, which has been a nice surprise. I try to write about topics related to fashion and style that personally resonate with me. I also like being witty and snarky and funny and exploring fashion trends and topics that challenge me.

5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile, but not your style? 

I will continue to be a loyal and faithful reader to those blogs I follow, regardless of the events they participate in. That also means supporting bloggers by leaving comments and following them through Twitter, Facebook, etc. When I'm a fan of someone, I'm a fan no matter what they do or don't participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment