Friday, February 11, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Color Wars

The Friend Friday group by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and join a friendly community of bloggers. Join the fun by checking out the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group. And definitely read Modly Chic - it's such a great blog!

Info on this outfit can be found in this post

1. What color dominates your closet?

Looking through my closet, there's a predominance of blue - blue sweaters, blue button-downs, blue jeans. But I've been expanding out of my blue period recently, and eagerly introducing a lot more colors into my wardrobe. It's been fun!

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?

Hmmm...I'm not sure I would change anything. I might consider bringing more black into my closet. Wearing a black top makes my red hair pop even more, and emphasizes the tattoo on my neck. I'm not shy by any means, so anything that helps me stand out more would be great. I'd also spend more on colored and/or patterned tights. I've seen so many bloggers wearing brightly colored tights with their skirts, and they always look great!

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?

I try to stay in the same color family. I really am not comfortable wearing clashing colors, though  some bloggers manage to pull this off fantastically well. On the other hand, I try to avoid being too matchy-matchy. I have a thing against being over-coordinated - for example, green shoes with a green top and a green bag and green eyeshadow. It squicks me out.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?

I really enjoy bringing color into my personal style through the use of accessories. Just a simple red purse or purple boots (yes, I own purple boots) can help elevate a somewhat tame outfit into something really special.

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? 

Oh my, what a tough question. I love how Indiana Adams of Adored Austin uses color. And Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy. And Erin of Work With What You've Got - she does a great job at pattern-mixing and using color to bring certain outfits together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment