Monday, December 14, 2009

Aquafina designing contest final

It's a fashion design competition in Vietnam. Aquafina is a big water company, so obviously the topic is Water and Purity. It's an interesting topic I think. When they were announcing the competition, I didn't really pay attention as I didn't really feel comfortable with the poster of it

Ok it looks nice. But it reminded me of something else, like....




I hate copying. Gosh, it's just too obvious and stupid. I'm not being harsh or anything, but I think copying like this is really cheap, and whoever have made the poster should be ashamed of themselves. Anyway, it has been a while since the contest started. A few days ago was the final. Here are the best collections.

"Water's Transformation" by Hoa Le Thanh - 1st prize





I like this collection. I think it deserves 1st place. Personally I like soft, light fabric. These designs are very feminine as well. I think the designer has made the most out of the materials and colour in order to bring out the topic: Purity.


"Tradition" by Linh Vu Tanh - 2nd place





As the name of the collection, this one looks traditional. I like the way the designer re-invented Vietnamese traditional clothes to create new fresh, nice outfits. Me personally wouldn't wear it to be honest :"), but I like the way the designer put little details together.


"Happiness" by An Le Nguyen - 3rd place





This one looks more modern. I think it's really different. This one and the first collection have something in common in terms of style and materials. But the first collection is a little more wearable I think. This one is more different. To be honest, if I was the judge I would put this one first prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment